Thursday, December 14, 2006

This story explained

So if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to interrupt this story, the one about Agapito and his forays south of the border. I need to give you some background about this story and the context for future blogs. These are actually nothing new, the posts I’ve made so far. They are a part of a short story originally published as “Diminutives of God’s Love” in Matter magazine, a local non-profit arts publication in Fort Collins Colorado. The publication is brilliant. Have a look at www.wolverinefarmpublishing.org. The stories thus far and the next few that I will be posting are from “Diminutives . . .”, and are based on a few years traveling through Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, Belize and Bolivia, from around 2002 to 2005, and I just felt a need to get it out here, lay it down and let the future build on this. See, I’m heading to Chile and Argentina this Sunday and will have more stories from that but at least want to get this foundation before I do. There will be climbing stories for sure, the desolation of Patagonia, the icy summits and granite stones of the end of the world. Stay posted.

No comments: